CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

What is a real man?

6 years ago
Freshman
I'm sure you've seen and heard it a lot. Everyone does. "A real man... blah blah blah". Do you buy into this whole theory? They also say that you are not born a man, you have to become one. Some say you have to have sex for that to happen. Others say you need to get married. Have children. Get a job. Drive a fancy car. Earn X amount of money. Be muscular. It just never ends. So what makes men men?

Just an example, although I like this one a lot O__O "If you are a real man, you don't need to strangle your enemy with your beard. They will slay themselves in pure shame, after beholding the glory cascading down from your chin."
6 years ago
Freshman
Firstly I think guys (an girls) should have an idea about their own perfect partner. Is a guy looking for a girl who's all high class, heals, fake nails? Then he would need cash, a job and a chiselled chin.
For more normal girls, the perfect man is more realistic with individual preferences, though a common streak could be: charming, considerate, not broke, funny and averagely attractive (if a chick likes a lot of your qualities, you will be as handsome as Sasuke Uchiha to her, regardless of any small flaws).

Girl/guys don't always like the same thing, nor do they like the same thing for their entire lives. They might have had a crush on Zac Effron back in the day, have thing for Edward Cullen now, and mind rape ed shearan (sp?) but a common affection will remain with a'perfect man' like: jonny depp. Look for qualities that are timeless and essential: humour, quirkiness, confidence and independence.

Most people have an idea of what their perfect man would be, however 'needing' to fulfil those ideals shouldn't be your main focus (I think). I believe the best thing to d, is TRY and figure out what good qualities you have, what person you want to attract, and how much you are willing to realistically change.

after all, it's no good pretending to be something you're not. You will never find happiness if your partner only loves you for a lie.
6 years ago
Hikikomori

On my opinion: You are a child when you have no responsibilities over yourself, you are an teenager when you have responsibilities over yourself, but you only become an adult/man when you are responsible not only for yourself, but for the life of others. It is a completely different burden, and life changes dramatically. And when you are able to forgive the pain that others have caused you, and look to everyone without judgments or expectations but just looking the opportunities of evolution and growth, you become someone worth mentioning the name.
5 years ago
deleted
n/a
I don't think there could be a real man...
5 years ago
That's an example of a no true Scotsman fallacy.

"We all perceive the world around us differently, filtered through the lens of our desired reality." - Yoshiya Kiryu (a.k.a. "Joshua"), The World Ends With You
5 years ago
Aspiring Vigilante
well if a real man is one that has to have everything in the world then that means I am not a man. I believe based off of what I know that a real man must be caring and support his family to the best of his ability. That is what my dad did. I may not have gotten to see him much but he gave us the best lives he could. to me that is what a real man should be. to accomplish what he sets out to do no matter the cost to himself. but not sacrificing his famiglia at the same time. but what am I saying. I'm not a "real man" to most people but it just depends on who you are and how you where brought up. I cant tell you the answer. just an assumption based off of knowledge that was obtained during my life time.
5 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
*looks at jeffery and says quietly* You are a real man to me, honey. *smiles shyly*
5 years ago
Aspiring Vigilante
*blushes* Thanks love.
5 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
You're welcome
5 years ago
Aspiring Vigilante
*hugs you*

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.