CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

LET'S IMPROVE LESS-REAL

8 years ago
Freshman
What about private messaging instead of chatting? Much like facebook messages, except way less advanced xD
8 years ago
The Underdog
its harder XD hahaha

BTW the group in fb is like inactive and boring :3 you should post more anime trolls or pics that will attract more and more likers
(can you make me admin) *begging* hahahaha
8 years ago
The Underdog
Ishimaru said:
What about private messaging instead of chatting? Much like facebook messages, except way less advanced xD

you always oppose my suggestion XD your bullying a 8th grader haha
8 years ago
Freshman
A fully functional non-bugged chat room would have people staying on the site instead of coming back and forth, since they can be talking to other people. Private messaging will have them checking their inbox every now and then but that's only with a specific person. The chat room would bring a better community together and a better place to make new friends. Having both would be a good idea.

More admins on the Facebook page would help out a lot, especially if you get people that can promote the page. If you're going to post a quote, try to post a picture with it. If there is a picture of an anime that somebody likes, they'll pay a lot more attention to it rather than it being just a quote. Pictures with the quote on it would be better since people will pay more attention towards the picture than the quote, so having an admin that can do that type of thing and make it look good is a good idea.

Twitter would also be a good idea to post a lot on.

This isn't related to the previous posts, but something that I think would help out.

• An actual home page that can have news about new anime seasons, reviews, etc. When you click the logo at the top right it redirects you to either quotes or images, people would be more pleased with a home page.
• When you click forum it automatically redirects me to the Casual Discussion category, not sure if it's just me but if it isn't that will drive some people away.
• That "random" button I was talking about will be very useful.
• On forums you can usually who see

I really like this site, and I actually have high hopes for it unlike most websites.

Sorry if I typed too much, keep up the good work.
Modified by daft, 8 years ago
8 years ago
Freshman
NaughtyAnime said:
Ishimaru said:

you always oppose my suggestion XD your bullying a 8th grader haha

I'm not... I'm just trying to find the best solution. But now that I know you're an 8th grader, I WILL BULLY YOU, MWAHHAHA! Or not. I'm too lazy. Okay, we can try this admin thing and see how it works out. Post your facebook on my profile.

daft said:
A fully functional non-bugged chat room would have people staying on the site instead of coming back and forth, since they can be talking to other people. Private messaging will have them checking their inbox every now and then but that's only with a specific person. The chat room would bring a better community together and a better place to make new friends.

Well isn't forums a place to make new friends or bring a better community together? A well working chat with some basic functionality would definitely help though, I agree.

daft said:
More admins on the Facebook page would help out a lot, especially if you get people that can promote the page.

I think the "more admins" part is the core of it all. If there were more, maybe there would be some who use twitter, some who use tumblr and so they could promote the page in those environments. But the question is where you find people who are willing to devote their time for such things.

daft said:
An actual home page that can have news about new anime seasons, reviews, etc. When you click the logo at the top right it redirects you to either quotes or images, people would be more pleased with a home page.

I was thinking for a homepage for quite some time now. But as you said yourself, the point of it would be to have news or just anime-related articles. There's no point putting one up just to place two buttons to go to images or quotes. So again, need to find people who are willing to write stuff. I could definitely contribute in this area, but unfortunately time is not an infinite resource so I am limited as to how much I can do alone.

daft said:
When you click forum it automatically redirects me to the Casual Discussion category, not sure if it's just me but if it isn't that will drive some people away.

It's not just you. I thought it was better this way, because when the forum opened it was all empty, so concentrating all posts into one category seemed like a good idea. Perhaps that's no longer the case.

daft said:
That "random" button I was talking about will be very useful.

Yes, it's definitely a very good feature. It was added to the long list of things needed to be done on Less-Real the moment you first suggested it. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

daft said:
Sorry if I typed too much, keep up the good work.

Daft, I really like hearing your ideas, even more so that you even have them for this site. Thanks for sharing them. I do appreciate it.
8 years ago
The Underdog
do you know anime fan page in facebook?? they're really cool if i will rate less-real's facebook page vs. others anime related page it could be 2:10 cause in my opinion the facebook page of less-real is boring really, thats why i wanted to help attract more and more visitors as possible :D
8 years ago
The Underdog
http://www.tnmaa.net/ a website of my country's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Animeaddicts.Official?fref=ts

it has 446k likes and it really entertaining the admins are active and like awesome XD
Modified by daft, 7 years ago
8 years ago
Freshman
I used to be an admin on the Konachan facebook page and I bumped up the amount of likes from about 50 to 300 in less than a month. If you ever need any help I'll gladly do it, I love running Facebook pages. I'm also a web & graphic designer, so I can help out with all sorts of things. I'll help you run the site (of course if you trust me and let me.)

(copy and paste into address bar) https://www.facebook.com/ratatoxgfx <- Some of my work, I have a TON more that isn't on the page.

Basically what I'm saying is that if you need any help what-so-ever running anything, I'll do it.

Ishimaru said:
Well isn't forums a place to make new friends or bring a better community together? A well working chat with some basic functionality would definitely help though, I agree.

A chat room people can respond to each other a lot quicker though, people will come and have a nice chat with each other about random things, while in forums it could take hours for somebody to reply. It's like private messaging but everybody can see and post their opinions about things. When people chat in a chat room they can all have a conversation with each other very quickly instead of having to refresh the page every couple of minutes for a reply.

Linking to other website on these forums also seem to be broken.
Modified by daft, 8 years ago
8 years ago
The Underdog
sorry senpai XD i agree for daft idea :D
8 years ago
Freshman
NaughtyAnime said:
sorry senpai XD i agree for daft idea :D

WHAAAT? You traitor!.. Q_Q [- dramatically falls and fake dies -] No, it's okay. We're not taking sides here. Whatever's best for my sweet baby Less-Real xD

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.