CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

I am wondering if it's okay

1 year ago
Freshman
Hi guys. I am new here, just found this site via Madara's quote (:D). Before I take you to the main topic, I would like to appreciate all the work that had been submitted here and keep up this amazing habit. I am a first-year computer science student in Hungary, and working on hobby projects to build up my repo. Mostly playing around with JS backend stuff, but I am making a small web app for my friend with Vue. I have already sent a letter to the site owners (?), by contacting them with the Contact Us form, but I have not received any answer yet. So this is the main reason why I am writing this topic. I would like to make a simple API, that queries all the submitted quotes and give it back in JSON format to work with later. I assume that there are non-programmer people here, I explain why this is handy. When you writing a webpage, making an application, calling this API service which gives back information that has been formatted, comes handy sometimes. As a reference work, I would like to ask permission to do this little program. Although I know that dealing with heavy traffic (internet), not that funny at all, so this API will not simultaneously send a request to this page. There will be a one time request every 24h, to save all the NEW quotes. This means that the very first time request goes through all quotes, save them, and the next day just compares the numbers of quotes here, and in the saved, and according to that query through the quotes again. So if there are no changes there will be no heavy traffic.

However, I understand that such a process can be a real pain in the butt, from the maintainer point of view, so that is the whole reason I write this and accept the decision. Also mentioning the source of the data is number one.
Thanks for reading this, I hope this will not be off-topic, and I really appreciate it if you send it to the maintainers.

Have a nice day,
Zsolt,
1 year ago
Freshman
Hello there,
You can just make your own API and run everything through that. I collected most of the quotes, even though some seems to be missing.

The data collected is collected in the form: (Anime, Character and Quote) - There are over 8000 quotes.

https://github.com/coderdudex/Less-Real-Data
1 year ago
Freshman
Hi,
Thank you so much, this helps me a lot, now I do not have to send a request to this page, although are you updating this Excel? However, processing such data will be a long time. Thanks again, when I upload it to GitHub I am going to reference your repo as a source for the data.
1 year ago
Freshman
Miraglia said:
Hi,
Thank you so much, this helps me a lot, now I do not have to send a request to this page, although are you updating this Excel? However, processing such data will be a long time. Thanks again, when I upload it to GitHub I am going to reference your repo as a source for the data.

Nice that you can use it. I have of no intention to update the Excel. I was simply having fun with python when i did it.
What do you mean when you say "Processing such data will be a long time"? What do you refer to?

It takes around 2-3 minutes to get all of the quotes from this site. When you run the script.

Depends on how you want to make the api. There are different packages that allows you to import the .csv file data into your prefered database.
1 week ago
Freshman
Searching the best convection microwave oven in India under 10000 with high quality service.
Get now! best microwave convection oven
Modified by archi1491, 1 week ago

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.