CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

is betrayal a good thing or bad thing?

6 years ago
Freshman
personally i think it a good thing because one can realize their mistakes...but is it really?
6 years ago
Freshman
Banzai21711 said:
personally i think it a good thing because one can realize their mistakes...but is it really?

Who can realize their mistakes? The one who betrays or the one who gets betrayed? Either way, I don't see anything good about it.

Also, "betrayal" implies expectations or trust, cause without those things it's not betrayal, it's just being an asshole xD So it's the fault of the one who chose to trust or expect something from that other person too.
6 years ago
Freshman
Example 1: Person A and person B have bonds of friendship. Then one of them betrays the other.
Example 2: Person A and person B are neutral (acquaintances). A expects B to do something. B did not do the action.
Example 3: Person A and person B are best of friends. A and B agreed to do something. One fails the action.
Example 4: REALITY. Where everything is on a case to case basis. And it all depends upon your way of thinking.

Which is it? Being betrayed or betraying?
6 years ago
Freshman
Being betrayed. From what i learned i can't always trust people. I have to learn to do thing on my own. Thats why i was asking whether it is a good thing, because know i can do stuff on my own when i always though i need someone with me.
6 years ago
Freshman
Hikigaya Hachiman said:
A highly trained loner is once bitten twice shy.
I'm sorry I can't relate much but I think I have Klein-Levin Syndrome. But that's just because I wish I have Klein-Levin Syndrome but I don't have it.
Aside the pointless talk, I really can't relate because I'm a highly trained loner right off the bat. I don't really trust other people but it hurts when I fail others' trust.
It's good to be betrayed a few times to learn a bit of things now and then but I wish all of us could find someone we could trust. Because sometimes I can't even trust myself.
Sousuke Aizen of Bleach said:
Any betrayal you can see is trivial, what is truly frightening and much more lethal is the betrayal you can't see.
Akiyama Shinichi of Liar Game said:
"Trust". The act without a doubt is a very noble one, But you know what other people call "trust" is actually giving up on trying to understand others. And that has nothing to do with "trust", but is rather apathy.
Kirigaya kazuto of SAO said:
I'd rather trust and regret, than doubt and regret.
Honda Tohru of Fruits Basket said:
My mom told me, it's better to trust people than to doubt them. She said people are not born with kind hearts. When we're born, all we have are desires for food and material things. Selfish instincts, I guess. But she said that kindness is something that grows inside of each person's body, but it's up to us to nurture that kindness in our hearts. That's why kindness is different for every person.
Lol. I was just posting somehow related quotes and got carried away. These different quotes have different meanings to me, it's up to you in how you would interpret them.
Being able to trust is a curse and a gift in itself.
Being alone is hard, sometimes there are things that can only be done by two and not by one. For when one of them falls down the other can help him up. Two, can survive an attack that would defeat one person alone. a rope made up of three chords is harder to break.
SPOILER (show)
The last ones were from the bible.
Modified by Ichigo_gyunyu, 6 years ago
6 years ago
Freshman
Ichigo_gyunyu said:
I'm sorry I can't relate much but I think I have Klein-Levin Syndrome.

I want to have it too. But I fear it's not meant to be.
Ichigo_gyunyu said:
Being alone is hard, sometimes there are things that can only be done by two and not by one. For when one of them falls down the other can help him up. Two, can survive an attack that would defeat one person alone. a rope made up of three chords is harder to break.

I can very much relate to you, Ichi. But it's not that I am alone, I can't say that. Although I sometimes think maybe I would be better off that way. Cause now I'm not alone, but I still feel alone. Is there a syndrome for that? XD And I think it's not just about how many chords there are in a rope, but also, and perhaps even more importantly, it's about what the rope is made of. I'm waiting, maybe sometimes even looking, for the right chords.

Banzai21711 said:
Being betrayed. From what i learned i can't always trust people. I have to learn to do thing on my own. Thats why i was asking whether it is a good thing, because know i can do stuff on my own when i always though i need someone with me.

I think your way is an admirable one. Learning to be on your own is a great strength. One that can only be obtained by practice. But perhaps when someone right comes along, trust will no longer be needed. Trust in itself, implies distrust, doesn't it? Because it sounds like effort. If you truly believe in someone, you don't need to trust them at all.

P.S. Very nice choice of quotes, Ichi.
6 years ago
Freshman
Ishimaru said:
I can very much relate to you, Ichi. But it's not that I am alone, I can't say that. Although I sometimes think maybe I would be better off that way. Cause now I'm not alone, but I still feel alone.
Basically I do have friends -ahem- acquaintances and friends that usually makes me feel alone or alienated. I'm ab-normal just because I have a different way of thinking? They are just too shallow minded. And I am a bit narcissistic.
SPOILER (show)
I don't talk a lot especially gossip, and most of the time the 'normal' are gossiping.
Ishimaru said:
And I think it's not just about how many chords there are in a rope, but also, and perhaps even more importantly, it's about what the rope is made of. I'm waiting, maybe sometimes even looking, for the right chords.
Who would put bad chords in a rope? But sometimes it's inevitable, some chords just turn bad and you get betrayed, or the flames of friendship has died with the passing times and the flowing burden just blew it all away.
Ishimaru said:
If you truly believe in someone, you don't need to trust them at all.
Huh, weird that I never trusted the people around me 'cause I always believed in them or that I never even cared about them.
6 years ago
Freshman
Ichigo_gyunyu said:
They are just too shallow minded.

That's a dangerous judgement right there. I don't see narcissism as very harmful, as long as it doesn't prevent the person from learning. Some people think everyone else is so far beneath them, that they're not willing to learn from them. And there's a lot to be learned out there.

Ichigo_gyunyu said:
Huh, weird that I never trusted the people around me 'cause I always believed in them or that I never even cared about them.

That sounds like you're mocking me, but also sounds like you're not. Good combo.
6 years ago
Hikikomori
Everything depends on the agreements that were made. And who was the one that broke it, and for what reason.

For something to be called right or wrong, there need to be a judgement of how something should have happened. All the problems related with difference of opinions have the basic source of who defined what, and why.

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.