CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

what anime quote do you like most?

7 years ago
Freshman
one is all, all is one.

Modified by nikkimari, 7 years ago
7 years ago
Freshman
For someone like me, an anime quote nutjob that is, I read way too many of them and I have way too many favorites. But I'll just pick a random one. It's from L Lawliet:

"There are...many types of monsters in this world: Monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble; monsters who abduct children; monsters who devour dreams; monsters who suck blood, and...monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance. They are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though they have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it. Because in truth, I am that monster."

What about yours, Nikki?
Modified by Ishimaru, 7 years ago
7 years ago
Hikikomori
It depends a lot on what situation on life i am going trough but one of the most impactfull quotes that was the exact same thing i was going trough when i watched the episode.

Setsuna f seie Gundam 00:

"I wanted to know why was the world so twisted? Where did this twistedness come from? How can people be so wicked without needing to be? And why don't they realize their wickedness? Why are there things that bring chaos to so many lives? Why do people rule and let themselves be ruled? And why do they hurt each other? And why despite all that do people still want to live their lives? I was just looking for answers. I thought that if I met with you, you'd give me those answers... because you're looking for the same thing along a different path from mine - from the path where people can understand each other."

7 years ago
The Underdog

Never doubt the power of innocent dreamers, never doubt the dreams of innocent children, never doubt your worst nightmares..
7 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty. People no longer have need of others. You can always find a spare for any replacement. Any relationship can be replaced. -Makishima Shougo
7 years ago
Freshman
chidorii said:
Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty. People no longer have need of others. You can always find a spare for any replacement. Any relationship can be replaced. -Makishima Shougo

Is Makishima your favorite anime character?
7 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
Yes he is. I like how he "plays" with humans.
7 years ago
Freshman
I don't really have a favorite favorite but I like this one it carries much hope, but it has too much idealism that hoping in it feels like a lie.
Uchiha Madara said:
It will be a new world... A world of truth, not lies.

Ironically it is against lies, but it feels like a lie. Because it is covered in too much idealism and little realism
SPOILER (show)
or it could just be my pessimism.
7 years ago
The Paper Kid
do you knew why snow is white?...because it forgot what color it was ones
7 years ago
Freshman
Ichigo_gyunyu said:
Uchiha Madara said:
It will be a new world... A world of truth, not lies.

I think it is a little too idealistic and is flawed right from the start, because it does not adhere to the laws of nature that we are governed by. I don't believe the truth is separate from lies. Nor do I believe there is such a thing as truth. There's a bunch of different perceptions. Although I suppose one could define a lie, as telling someone something that you don't believe to be true, yet you pretend like you do. Maybe THAT can be eliminated.

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.