CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

Lose old memories or lose the ability to make new ones?

7 years ago
Freshman
Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Why?
6 years ago
Freshman
If I lose all of my old memories I wont be who I am right now, but if I make new ones and forget about my old memories there is a high chance that I will turn into someone else and maybe the things I hated before losing all my memories I will end up doing it. Saying that you would rather lose all your old memories than never be able to make new ones it's kinda of not being proud of who you are today.
6 years ago
Freshman
But never being able to make new memories also means you will be stuck. You won't be able to grow anymore. I would definitely choose to forget everything. Even if I would become someone else, at least I would be able to grow, live fully, even if it is a different life.
6 years ago
Freshman
You can grow into different things. The problem is growing into something that's not productive would be worse than not growing at all.
6 years ago
Freshman
It's like saying that by loving you could get hurt and that's worse than not loving at all. It maybe so. But whatever the case, you will never know until you try. Even now you can grow into something you hate, but you're willing to take that risk and so you continue on living.
Modified by Ishimaru, 6 years ago
6 years ago
Freshman
Well, forgetting everything is quite a pretty nice option. I will forget who I was and what I have done, I might end up hating the person I once was. the possibilities are endless, yes? If you look at it another way it's like being reborn or dying in another sense.
4 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
None of the two, i want to keep my old memories at the same time make a new ones. Old memories can give you courage and can help you build yourself into a better person.

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.