CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

Should you lend money to friends?

6 years ago
Freshman
If you have money and friends, the situation is bound to come up eventually. Should you loan money to a friend?

Shakespeare once said, "Lend money to a friend and you lose both, money and a friend." Are you willing to trust the person and risk losing the money and the relationship because of your goodwill or just apologize and say no?
6 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
I will never "give" money to a "friend" unless I get something in return. Why should I give something while I get nothing in return? Also, I don't trust humans in general. Most humans may have a nice personality but when a deadly situation occurs you see their true nature, which is in most cases "screw you, I'm going out of here" or somthing like that. But yeah this is just my opinion.
6 years ago
Freshman
chidorii said:
Most humans may have a nice personality but when a deadly situation occurs you see their true nature.

Why is it their true nature in the deadly situation and it's not true nature when they're being nice? I guess my question is, why does the bad one has to be their true nature? Isn't it really both their true nature? Just different context.
6 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
You can see it like that, but most people act nice to their friends(obviously). Anyway, A good example is in Highschool of the dead. There are 2 girls running from the zombies and 1 gets grabbed and she is shouting for help. The other girl is kicking her away so she can run, but she said "we'll get through this together." or something like that a few seconds before the "accident". Also, I think that the true nature is bad in most cases because I just don't trust humans :/. If someone acts really nice to me I think "Ok, what did I do?". And now to answer your question(finally): I just don't see a "good" true nature because after studying history and watchting anime/reading manga for years, I have lost faith in humans. This is my fault xD
6 years ago
Freshman
Rawr -shakes head- .3.

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.