CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

How life treating you

4 years ago
Aspiring Vigilante
Loves trun into friendships and pains turn into loves
[img][/img]
4 years ago
NEET Detective
An interesting stance. Though if someone's "love" turns into "friendship" and "pain" turns into "love", then you are basically saying that "pain" will turn into "friendship". Now, I think that it's a bit reversed, as in most cases, "friendship" is the cause for "pain". What I mean is, you feel "pain" when your "friend" is hurt. If that same person wasn't your "friend", you wouldn't feel anything (though this might be arguable by some).
Of course, we might say that both of our statements are valid in the same time, but that would result in a cycle (Pain -> Love -> Friendship -> Pain). However, I don't believe in cycles. If cycles do exist, then everyone would be trapped in their own little loop and noone would be able to move forward. They would always return to square one. Not just this, but it would be unlikely to enter one. If you enter a cycle, then you should be able to leave it as well. If you are able to leave it, then you have a choice at some point. If you have a choice somewhere in there, then it isn't a cycle. In short, cycles or loops can't exist.
If we go back to where we started now, we should see that either it's not a cycle, or there is a choice somewhere. If it's a former, then one of our views is invalid. If it's the latter, then where is this choice, where does it diverge? Can "love" turn into something other than friendship? This depends on what we consider to be "love". Can "friendship" result in something other than "pain"? It obviously can, but there will always be pain to accompany it. Then, can "pain" result in something other than "love"? This depends on the form of "pain". What kind of "pain" are we talking about? Is it the "pain" from "friendship"? If it is, then it can most likely result in "love", but what if this "pain" results in the two going apart? Here is the break in the so called cycle.
So, my conclusion is that, "pain" will not always turn into "love".
I think I might have strayed a little far from the topic at parts and it's needlessly long, but that's what I think. ^^
Also, your images seem to be broken? o.O
4 years ago
Aspiring Vigilante
Cregath said:
An interesting stance. Though if someone's "love" turns into "friendship" and "pain" turns into "love", then you are basically saying that "pain" will turn into "friendship". Now, I think that it's a bit reversed, as in most cases, "friendship" is the cause for "pain". What I mean is, you feel "pain" when your "friend" is hurt. If that same person wasn't your "friend", you wouldn't feel anything (though this might be arguable by some).
Of course, we might say that both of our statements are valid in the same time, but that would result in a cycle (Pain -> Love -> Friendship -> Pain). However, I don't believe in cycles. If cycles do exist, then everyone would be trapped in their own little loop and noone would be able to move forward. They would always return to square one. Not just this, but it would be unlikely to enter one. If you enter a cycle, then you should be able to leave it as well. If you are able to leave it, then you have a choice at some point. If you have a choice somewhere in there, then it isn't a cycle. In short, cycles or loops can't exist.
If we go back to where we started now, we should see that either it's not a cycle, or there is a choice somewhere. If it's a former, then one of our views is invalid. If it's the latter, then where is this choice, where does it diverge? Can "love" turn into something other than friendship? This depends on what we consider to be "love". Can "friendship" result in something other than "pain"? It obviously can, but there will always be pain to accompany it. Then, can "pain" result in something other than "love"? This depends on the form of "pain". What kind of "pain" are we talking about? Is it the "pain" from "friendship"? If it is, then it can most likely result in "love", but what if this "pain" results in the two going apart? Here is the break in the so called cycle.
So, my conclusion is that, "pain" will not always turn into "love".
I think I might have strayed a little far from the topic at parts and it's needlessly long, but that's what I think. ^^
Also, your images seem to be broken? o.O

4 years ago
Aspiring Vigilante
guess that would be true but you see pains is in our heart while loves is in our mind but the cause of our existences we know if we enter one cycle then we be doing the same thing over and over again. but as our hearts tells there all the same but with different effects
walking into a cloud and you see dark cloud then you walk out into a sunny day is the same thing what we talking about.
for all i think friendship can turn into massvive change.
4 years ago
NEET Detective
So, you are saying that the pain in our hearts causes us to think. And this means that the same pain will have different results. If this is the case, then I agree that the same pain will not have the exact result, but it might not be completely true. I think that the type of effect will be the same, but with different magnitude and this amount will decrease with each time you experience that same pain. If we follow this train of thought, than it would mean that experiencing the same pain in hopes of changing (in whatever way) is pointless. It will yield less and less, but the amount of pain will be the same. In the end, after repeting for a long time, you will gain nothing for the pain. Does it still worth experiencing it even then?
Friendship and relationships definitely leave a lasting change in a person, however, I think that repeating the same mistake is foolish. Even if it does change you, you will just suffer more and more and change less and less. People learn from their mistakes, this is a fact. However, repeating the same mistakes over and over will result in nothing. It's not learning. One can't change themselves the same way forever.
In the end, giving in to the illusion of a cycle is the same as being afraid of change. If you really change, you won't be trapped, because there is always that one choice.
4 years ago
Aspiring Vigilante
But some people wouldn't understand that, my guess would be that there afraid of change but they all suffer the same
4 years ago
NEET Detective
Then, we have discovered the culpri-... I mean the meaning of the quote I think. ^^
4 years ago
The Watchcat
I read through this topic. I will be frank and open: One month ago, my wife just left me after 11 years. So, as what you two were talking about, I can correlate. I think there is no cycle. If there be, then my wife would not just cheated me with one of my best friends, and left me, after 11 years of living together. I was 20 years old when our life together started. You can say, that "friendship" turned into "love". Not "pain", because that time, we never felt pain. We were happy. I'm a big Ghost In The Shell fan, and in that, the puppeteer had something to say, which is very likely true: that without change, nothing can live through. So, eventually, "love" have to turn into something else. But it can turn into almost anything. Hate, rage, disappointment, disillusion, even pain too. If this would be a cycle, my wife wouldn't searched for new adventures, getting herself a new "friendship", which, a month ago, also turned into "love". And the love I had with my wife, suddenly turned into "pain". It's a little fabricated, I think, but I wanted the best for my wife, and through life, I sacrificed a lot of things. But in the end, I think, there is no cycles here, in people hearts. There are only choices. And no matter which sides take it, it affects the other side's choices for the rest of her/his life too. Also, about wishing someone happiness, I just want to take your attention to one of Sayaka Miki's very true quotes:

"The balance between hope and despair keeps itself to zero. When was it you told me that? I understand what you mean now, I did save quite a few people, but in exchange hatred and jealousy filled my heart, I even hurt my best friend. Someone has to be cursed to balance out a wish for someone else's happiness."

And it's true. I wanted the best for my wife, even for my friend, whom she cheated me. In exchange, hatred and jealously really came. And with the happiness they grasped, came my curse.

4 years ago
NEET Detective
Yes, cycles definitely don't exist, however a lot of people feel that they do simply because they don't notice that they are taking the same choices over and over again... or worse: they don't notice it's existence at all. What you just told us is a good example as to why cycles don't exist and Sayaka's words are definitely true as well. However, I think that you have a contradiction in your last sentences. If you truly wished for their happiness, then you should feel satisfaction instead of jealousy and hatred. If you feel hatred and jealousy, then you couldn't have wished for their happiness at all after discovering it. As the quote itself said: it balances to zero. That's why I think you couldn't sincerely wish for their happiness. (Oh, and this last part is just me being me. Ignore it if you'd like.)
4 years ago
The Watchcat
I only wished happiness for my wife. I never wished this kind of happiness, with my wife, for my friends. This was the little extra which got me sad, painfully aware, that this is the end, and I have to rebuild my whole life. After the pain, came the hatred, and jealously. So as much as they are happy now, as much jealously, and hatred fills my hearth. So I think, life just balances itself out all right. I don't like it, but what can I possibly do with something which already happened.

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.