CategoriesCasual Discussions Users List Who is Online

So... ummm

5 years ago
The Watchcat
I wasn't sure where to put this, not even sure if it should be in this forum, but i wanted to ask something. I have a speech to make, topic being, I have a dream. My problem is, that i have no idea what a dream is and what differs it from a goal. Can someone explain to me what the difference is? what exactly is a dream and what is a goal?

Thanks in advance guys, and sorry if its not the right place/forum
5 years ago
Nope. It's all right if you put it here since it's a casual but serious discussion. don't be so scared, we won't bite xD
I've done this essay before, so here's my little help; Not sure of which it could be any. Anyways, lets get started.

A dream is something you keep thinking about but not acting on it. Always yearning for it, not never using your means to achieve it.

2)
A Goal is very costly. It costs your time, effort, bloodshed to achieve it. However, dreams are just there, like daydreaming without much effort.
If the latter were to be a fact(As it really is) It consequently can lead to ->
3)Goals producing results and Dream acheiving none.

4)
Dream have imagination knowing no boundaries which can expand on and on. Whereas for a Goal, there's a limit to what you can achieve.

5)
Dreams are thinking only of the destination, not the Journey there unlike Goals.

6)
Dreams usually don't come true, but Goals do, since you set up everything about how to get there, your aim, your result.
Unlike Dream itself, only thinking about being there and not doing anything as mentioned before. Then when you get your result, It can also mean ->
7) Goals can have impact on your life, which means it can change your life, unlike Dreams.

You can set up goals to achieve your dreams. A dream is in a way a goal in itself, but it’s something that you are truly passionate about.
Sometimes it only takes one step to change a dream into a goal.
Dreams usually inspire you to set up your goal to reach your destination.

If I recall correctly, there's a quote that goes "A goal is set by the mind. A dream is determined by the heart."

Hope I've helped, I might not at all lol. I'm throwing everything I've from my head. So ya lol
Modified by Nicollynee, 5 years ago
5 years ago
The Watchcat
thanks nico sensei :) i hv some questions though, cant u try to achieve ur dreams though? like, get results from it? thanks again :)
5 years ago
The Underdog
humen200 said:
I wasn't sure where to put this, not even sure if it should be in this forum, but i wanted to ask something. I have a speech to make, topic being, I have a dream. My problem is, that i have no idea what a dream is and what differs it from a goal. Can someone explain to me what the difference is? what exactly is a dream and what is a goal?

Thanks in advance guys, and sorry if its not the right place/forum

Okay, Let's put it up. To have a dream. It can also be wonderful to have a goal. ... A dream is a goal. And that goal is a dream with a deadline.
And dreams don’t come true.
Rather, it is your goals that can forever change your life.
You need to set goals in order turn your dreams into reality.
Dreams are easy. They are free, too.
However, dreams by themselves are just that… dreams.
They are imaginary. And they don’t produce tangible results.
You need to turn your dreams into action. You need goals to make the visions of your dreams real.
“Dreams can inspire you, but goals can change your life.”
Goals are all about action. Goals turn dreams into reality.
Goals change you and can change your life.Goals require action. Dreams can happen without lifting a finger, even while you are asleep.Goals must have a deadline. They have a time limit. Dreams can go on forever. In fact, many people maintain dreams their entire lives without ever reaching them.
5 years ago
The Watchcat
So, could you say that a dream is your final goal? could you say that dreams create goals? cos like, if my dream was to be a successful businessman, then i could set finishing high school, graduating from university as goals, while if i didnt hv a dream, then i wouldnt be able to have goals? what does it mean that dreams dont produce tangible results? if goals can change ur dream into a reality, wouldnt it mean that dreams can produce tangible results? So hard to differentiate a dream and a goal :S Thanks btw, Assasin
5 years ago
Freshman
For me, a goal seems to be something tangible and within reach, often perhaps already with a plan laid out of how to accomplish that goal. While a dream is less grounded. It may be super far away and you may have no idea how to get there right now. Maybe goals are those smaller fragments of a dream that we break it apart to? I'm just thinking out loud here. By the way, nice topic, humen!
5 years ago
@
You're welcome ;) not sure if I've helped any. Anyways, do you always realize you always say that you Dream of being something/want something? But never doing anything to get there and achieve it?
Like for me, I've always say I want this/that figurines(Those expensive ones 1k$USD kind) but never doing anything to get it? Side track a little, I've Overwork for that 1k$USD I was aiming for and got it for Preorder :D.
AND THUS This is how the tiny little sprout of dream germinates into some Utopia.

Yes, I personally think you do get results from there.

Remember the saying of "When a butterfly flaps its wings in one part of the world it can cause a hurricane in another part of the world." AKA the butterfly effect?

A dream, is something like a butterfly. A metaphor. Looking weak, innocent and childlike. Yet, because of this dream, you set up your goals to get there. Which consequently leads to getting your desired results. That is why you set up goals to achieve your dreams.

Because of this Awaken Dream, the Butterfly begins to flap it's wings, the Foremost journey seemed hopeless of achieving anything(For which it is, since the flapping of the wings is weak and feeble). But after some time, You feel like you got closer to your dream (Which by the saying goes, It causes some hurricane. As an effect when the wind flows and gather up the rest to hit on the other part of the world). This is like some chain effect from underestimating something.(Domino effect if you understand better, but Butterfly effect in this context is more appropriate as it is accumulative) You'll get closer to your dreams and finally achieve it.

If you're talking about dreams achieving the results, then dreams and goals are pretty much similar. As an actual fact to tell you, Dreams are no different from goals. Goals are what you do to get to your dream. And for dream, it's why you set up your goal, which without your dream in the first place, you would even put in effort to get anywhere. That's why they work together and is usually confused. Dreams are those that drag goals into the picture. In other words, if not for your dreams, you won't set up your goals, Which is the result of having a dream. And this result of a dream(Goal) Leads you to the Dream you've always yearned for itself.(Which is the real thing that you wanted, the real deal.)

And thus, as I've mention, this is how the little sprout of Dream, germinates to some Utopia.

Hence that is why I used the butterfly effect as a reference for you to understand better.

And again I'm not sure if I've help you in anyways, I'm just trying my best :D
5 years ago
The Watchcat
Ishimaru said:
For me, a goal seems to be something tangible and within reach, often perhaps already with a plan laid out of how to accomplish that goal. While a dream is less grounded. It may be super far away and you may have no idea how to get there right now. Maybe goals are those smaller fragments of a dream that we break it apart to? I'm just thinking out loud here. By the way, nice topic, humen!

Yh, that's th same conclusion that i reached, that a dream like the biggest goal.
Nicollynee said:
@
You're welcome ;) not sure if I've helped any. Anyways, do you always realize you always say that you Dream of being something/want something? But never doing anything to get there and achieve it?
Like for me, I've always say I want this/that figurines(Those expensive ones 1k$USD kind) but never doing anything to get it? Side track a little, I've Overwork for that 1k$USD I was aiming for and got it for Preorder :D.
AND THUS This is how the tiny little sprout of dream germinates into some Utopia.

Yes, I personally think you do get results from there.

Remember the saying of "When a butterfly flaps its wings in one part of the world it can cause a hurricane in another part of the world." AKA the butterfly effect?

A dream, is something like a butterfly. A metaphor. Looking weak, innocent and childlike. Yet, because of this dream, you set up your goals to get there. Which consequently leads to getting your desired results. That is why you set up goals to achieve your dreams.

Because of this Awaken Dream, the Butterfly begins to flap it's wings, the Foremost journey seemed hopeless of achieving anything(For which it is, since the flapping of the wings is weak and feeble). But after some time, You feel like you got closer to your dream (Which by the saying goes, It causes some hurricane. As an effect when the wind flows and gather up the rest to hit on the other part of the world). This is like some chain effect from underestimating something.(Domino effect if you understand better, but Butterfly effect in this context is more appropriate as it is accumulative) You'll get closer to your dreams and finally achieve it.

If you're talking about dreams achieving the results, then dreams and goals are pretty much similar. As an actual fact to tell you, Dreams are no different from goals. Goals are what you do to get to your dream. And for dream, it's why you set up your goal, which without your dream in the first place, you would even put in effort to get anywhere. That's why they work together and is usually confused. Dreams are those that drag goals into the picture. In other words, if not for your dreams, you won't set up your goals, Which is the result of having a dream. And this result of a dream(Goal) Leads you to the Dream you've always yearned for itself.(Which is the real thing that you wanted, the real deal.)

And thus, as I've mention, this is how the little sprout of Dream, germinates to some Utopia.

Hence that is why I used the butterfly effect as a reference for you to understand better.

And again I'm not sure if I've help you in anyways, I'm just trying my best :D

I feel more like an elementary student than a high school student when i talk to u and ishimaru Sensei sometimes :S
I'm not exactly sure about the butterfly effect, but i think i understand most of what u said. I've finally finished writing my speech :)

Thanks ishimaru Sensei and nico Sensei :D
5 years ago
The Watchcat
So, i finished writing my speech, but i feel like there still needs to be some changes. Not sure though.
SPOILER (show)

I have a dream

A dream is a long-term goal. Your dream could be to travel all around the world. Or it could be to become a successful businessman or woman. A dream is something or somewhere you want to be in the future. A dream and a goal are quite similar, but goals are smaller than dreams. Goals guide you to your dream. Your dream is the final destination. Without a dream, you cannot have goals. Why? Let me give you an example. Lets say your dream is to become a successful businessman. You would then set goals for yourself. Your first goal would be to graduate from high school, then from university and so on. Dreams help you create goals; goals help you reach your dream.

Everyone should have a dream. Without a dream, you cannot have goals. Without goals, you cannot go anywhere in life. It is the same as trying to go somewhere without knowing what or where that somewhere is. It is very confusing. Life without goals and dreams are confusing. The most influential people on earth have all had dreams; Martin Luther King’s was to see America united, no longer biased against Negros. Abraham Lincoln dreamt of being a hero for America.

Fellow students and respected teachers, my dream is to become one of the richest people on earth and change the world as it is right now. Money is power. Money gets you respect in this world. The richer you are, the more likely you are to be able to influence people. My dream is to be one of the richest people on earth and build houses for the poor. I want to help those in need, build more Masjids and research centres to return Islam to its golden days. I want to change everyone’s views on Islam. I want people to see Islam as a peaceful religion that teaches it’s followers how to live their lives. I don’t want people to see us as a violent religion, I don’t want them to see Islam as ISIS, I want to make them look at us and think: Muslims are amazing. They care about everyone. They care about peace. My dream, is to become one of the richest people on earth so that I can change the world. That is my dream. What do you guys dream of?

Could you guys read it and offer some suggestions/advice? I'd really be happy if u guys could.
Modified by humen200, 5 years ago
5 years ago
I think If I was to edit this, I would make some slight changes to

SPOILER (show)

A dream is a long-term goal. Your dream could be to travel all around the world. Or it could be to become a successful businessman or woman. A dream is something or somewhere you want to be in the future. A dream and a goal are quite similar, but goals are smaller than dreams. Goals guide you to your dream. Your dream is the final destination. Without a dream, you cannot have goals. Why? Let me give you an example. Lets say your dream is to become a successful businessman. You would then set goals for yourself. Your first goal would be to graduate from high school, then from university and so on. Dreams help you create goals; goals help you reach your dream.

Everyone should have a dream. Without a dream, you wouldn't set up goals for yourself, even if you did, you'll soon realize it's all pointless; Since A Goal without Destination is like Sailing without a compass, meaning it's pointless and won't get you anywhere. Without goals, you cannot go anywhere in life. It is the same as trying to go somewhere without knowing what or where that somewhere is. It is very confusing. Life without goals and dreams are confusing. The most influential people on earth have all had dreams; Martin Luther King’s was to see America united, no longer biased against Negros. Abraham Lincoln dreamt of being a hero for America.

I have a Dream.

To fellow students and respected teachers, my dream is to become one of the richest people on earth and change the world as it is right now. Money is power. Money gets you respect in this world. The richer you are, the more likely you are to be able to influence people. My dream is to be one of the richest people on earth and build houses for the poor. I want to help those in need, build more Masjids and research centres to return Islam to its golden days. I want to change everyone’s views on Islam. I want people to see Islam as a peaceful religion that teaches it’s followers how to live their lives. I don’t want people to see us as a violent religion, I don’t want them to see Islam as ISIS, I want to make them look at us and think: Muslims are amazing. They care about everyone. They care about peace. My dream, is to become one of the richest people on earth so that I can change the world. That is my dream. What do you guys dream of?

I only shifted your "I have a Dream" and overwrite those that are bolded

Are you time-constraint on your speech? Or it's like Show to Impress kind? I do think you're missing out on a lot of points, do you want me to fully edit your speech? (Like a lot, and it's kinda short and summarized, I've just rewrote some that sound kinda off)

I can personally help you write one of course with your dreams inside as well, with reference to your blueprint, but if so I'd need the topic. Is the full topic "I have a dream"? Because if that was to be the case, then I think You did not incorporate Goals and Dreams well in the first paragraph, it seemed vague in a sense that everything does not have enough information around it.

And for your "Dream of being the richest man", I think it would be better if you first say how and what you're going to do to get there, before saying why you want to get there.
And finally ending it off by saying that "That is why I'm so determined and motivated to get to my destination, no matter how hard it seem to be, even the odds are against me, because I believe in Myself and know I can do it, because this is MY DREAM"

Opps, I've wrote too much, please don't feel insulted or anything >< I'm just helping lol, if I'm a menace to you then I'd zip my mouth already :X

But overall speaking It's all right, the speech should be good enough to go if you want it short and simple xD

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.