Feedback ; Quotes/Images

5 years ago
I think I'd rather have some notification about your quote
-Being deleted
-Being change of ownership
And your Images
-Being deleted
-Change of ownership

I've encountered this problem a lot of times already; For example, multiple of my quotes have been changed ownership and Images as well.
If not, Image being deleted or quote being deleted too (I know this is duplicate when I accidentally overlooked it)
I Don't know why would the ownership change from me to the other person As well as the Image.

This problem have been getting to me since then(Like really getting into me :/), I notice my Quotes/Images that I submitted changed from their ownership and Quotes/Image gets deleted as well..
At least tell me what went wrong or something, a notification would help a lot.
PS: Not sure whether to feel Annoyed, Irritated or Frustrated when something like this happens ._."
Modified by Nicollynee, 5 years ago
5 years ago
RIP
Please add the right to remove tags to the only user who has uploaded that particular Image. For Eg. I can remove tags of only my own Images that I have uploaded.... Sometimes, I put the wrong tag and I can't remove them... Plzz add this functionality
5 years ago
RIP
Please all the tags from " http://konachan.com/post/show/171043/akagi_-kancolle-akatsuki_-kancolle-apron-black_eye " Image....
5 years ago
Freshman
@ I agree with you. Notifications for those things are needed. It's not like we want to keep others in the dark, just the functionality isn't there yet. Also there's no such thing as change of ownership. But when there are duplicates you have to pick one or the other. And usually it's either the older one or the more accurate/better one. So if your quote was a duplicate and then got deleted, you probably found the same quote again but submitted by a different user and you thought that your quote changed ownership, which doesn't happen.
5 years ago
@ Well you shouldn't link it to other sites like what Ishi-senpaii has once said, So, You would probably need to just write "Pixiv - 竹見" that's all. That person is the official owner of that picture, not "Konachan". But anyways, back to the topic, Can you send me a LR-Link to the image and not the Konachan-Link, This is LR, not Konachan LOL, I can't help you remove the image tag from Konachan you see, only LR xD

@ Ohhh, i see. But i guess that can't be helped ><
But you see, The quote I've submitted for eg., gets deleted and then re-submitted by another person(Since changing of ownership doesn't happen), these event's are just like a few hour time lapse.
To make things clearer, the quote I submitted like a few hours ago gets removed(Eg. 24Hrs back) and then After a day I log on to LR back, I see a new submitted(Approved) quote Same as mine just a few hours ago(Eg. 1 Hour back) and Yes, It's not by me, It's another person, mine's already removed... So i was wondering what happen there in the dark when i was away lol

And next point to ask is the image, since then, tho I have to admit I've submitted duplicates, but they are just different in Resolution, I'll sure specifically check the same image I'll upload. For example, I saw Image A, resolution 300x400 (In the past tho, Idk how it get in, although the uploading machine said 700x700), So, I decided to upload a similar one with some effect to slip past the duplicate machine checker, with a resolution of say 1920x1800. (And I did put in the comment saying that I Realize this is a duplicate, but do not delete because It's a more clearer Ver.)
Then A few Days later, I went to check back on my images, it was gone already, the ownership somehow flew from me to the person who uploaded the 300x400 image (The 300x400 have ceased to exist)

I guess this are all which was bugging me for very long.
Gomenasai Ishi-Senpaii for this long post ><
Modified by Nicollynee, 5 years ago
5 years ago
RIP
I am doing that to all my Images now, Not I tag it to it's author, if there is any.... But anyways, back to the topic, I was asking to add the TAGS from that KOnachan Link /*I forgot to add "ADD"*/ because, those tags were not present... But now I CAN ADD TAG MYSELF..
5 years ago
Freshman
@ Sorry for putting you through so much, Nico-chan! T_T I've never noticed anything like it. Like the "change of ownership" phenomena I mean. The smaller images can either be uploaded from very long ago(when the rules of upload were different) or it might be uploaded by one of few users that have permission to upload any size image whatsoever. Sometimes finding a large image for a quote face doesn't work out, so as a last resort a small one gets uploaded and used instead. But I have no idea how they would change ownership. Are you sure the link was the same? Cause that's an important factor. If the numbers at the end of the link (ex. images/2342) to the image were the same as your image and yet the user changed, then that would indeed be some kind of bug. Otherwise can't confirm it.

As for quotes, that situation probably occurs because there are quite a few people who approve quotes. So I guess one person does something and then another person does something else. Some of them approve quotes that someone else wouldn't and vice versa. Since it's hard to define rock solid rules of when to approve/delete a quote submission. There's a lot of gray area. So this confusion happens. Sorry about that. But if you still remember your quotes which disappeared, you could write some of them down here and I could try to bring em back and look into it.
5 years ago
@
Based on my memory hmmmm, I can't remember the serial for the image as well as the quote, however, because this happen recently.. I should somehow remember, BUT *I still can't remember* ><
Well, I see. Anyways Arigato, Ishi-Senpaii xD, for clearing this up. I'll inform you once more if something similar like this happens again.

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.