CategoriesMusic Users List Who is Online

Will the world ever run out of new music?

7 years ago
Freshman
What happens when all the possible combinations are exhausted? Will we just continue making the same music that once made before?
7 years ago
Freshman
vsauce did a great job addressing this question link here:

As for my opinion, I believe that we will never truly run out of music.
As eagles and mantis shrimps see differently from us and as bats and other animals hear differently from us, there are things we cannot see or hear yet.

That means if we could hear the same notes and frequency the bat can music will also change.
7 years ago
The Angel
For me, it is just impossible for the world be ran out of music, You see, a lot of people here in the world can really contribute new music and songs in the industry. And also, if you notice, people also still keeps on coming back to old music or songs and hear them again. Some people here in this world are /obviously/ smart. And it is possible, well pretty much all of us to create music and new songs for some people to enjoy and impossible for the world to be ran out of music.
7 years ago
NEET Detective
New ideas for music will run out yes. But the content, style, dedication, and contribution to music will never cease. That is because our needs are nearly endless; we will want until we die. With the power of technology, music will grow. But I think that the old classics and such will eventually die out as the newer generations like the rebellious themes more. Even great music by people like Thomas Bergersen and Jeffrey Fayman will be drowned out by the sounds of rock, hip hop, trance, nightcore, and remixes. The appreciation for good music will eventually die. The piano replaced with synthesia, the guitar with electric guitar, the vocal with microphone, and so on. We are already cyborgs physically, but eventually our minds will become cyborgian as well. Soon, when the world comes close to something like Accel World, we can just think of songs to listen to and even mix it with other elements to test out our tastes. We'll never run out of music, but we'll lose the oldest ones. No one remembers the songs of long past in our age-old cultures. And even if the generations today don't remember the music of generations past, we will remember. And when we die, that music will die with us. But the cycle of music will never stop. It will come back to the beginning anew.
7 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
I've recently noticed that you ask really creative questions! Like who would ever think of them!
I think you're unique, Ishimaru-kun
5 years ago
Hikikomori
When music dies, so shall the world.
5 years ago
Hikikomori
There's a lot of new styles to discover.

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.