CategoriesAnime Users List Who is Online

Who is the GREATEST HERO in Anime History!!!?

7 years ago
Freshman
AqworldThunder said:
How can I stand idly by whilst you call a CLEAR anti-hero, a hero? He started wars and betrayed nearly everyone. He never wanted "peace" he used them to get revenge on Charles, which in the end he didn't even get revenge on. And he's immortal, it's not like he sacrificed himself like you said above. How about you re-watch it and see just how much of a twat he really is.

It's the first time I see someone Anti-Lelouch to be honest. So it's interesting. And you seem to have a logic behind all that as well. However, heroes are not defined by keeping peace, being nice and making everyone happy. Heroes like that only exist in fairy tails. I don't really understand why you feel the need to deny someone else of their heroes to begin with. You think everyone ought to have the same heroes as you do? Wouldn't that be a tad bit boring? But whatever the case, Lelouch did end the chain of hatred with him being the last piece of it. Whether he died or not is a whole other debate. But the people who hated him THINK he died. At the end, Karen describes how the world has changed thanks to Lelouch. And she does describe it in a positive light.

P.S. We sure are spoiling the anime shamelessly here :I
Modified by Ishimaru, 7 years ago
7 years ago
Freshman
Ishimaru said:
AqworldThunder said:
How can I stand idly by whilst you call a CLEAR anti-hero, a hero? He started wars and betrayed nearly everyone. He never wanted "peace" he used them to get revenge on Charles, which in the end he didn't even get revenge on. And he's immortal, it's not like he sacrificed himself like you said above. How about you re-watch it and see just how much of a twat he really is.

It's the first time I see someone Anti-Lelouch to be honest. So it's interesting. And you seem to have a logic behind all that as well. However, heroes are not defined by keeping peace, being nice and making everyone happy. Heroes like that only exist in fairy tails. I don't really understand why you feel the need to deny someone else of their heroes to begin with. You think everyone ought to have the same heroes as you do? Wouldn't that be a tad bit boring? But whatever the case, Lelouch did end the chain of hatred with him being the last piece of it. Whether he died or not is a whole other debate. But the people who hated him THINK he died. At the end, Karen describes how the world has changed thanks to Lelouch. And she does describe it in a positive light.

P.S. We sure are spoiling the anime shamelessly here :I

Agreed.
7 years ago
Freshman
My definition of a hero isn't prince charming who comes on a horse and magically saves the day, but it sure as hell isn't Lelouch. I get what you are all saying, but calling an obvious ANTI-HERO a hero is ridiculous. He killed and "sacrificed" tens if not hundreds of millions of life's for revenge on 1 person, and the main aspect in which I dislike Lelouch is his constant pretentious attitude which makes him seem the same as the one he wants revenge on.

Maybe I should have started this conversation with the fact that Charles is my favorite character in Code Geass, mainly due to the fact that everything he says rings true. Was there anything wrong with Charles way of ruling? Maybe a bit, but nothing to extreme. Lelouch on the other-hand without a second thought threw countless people into war all to get revenge on ONE person. Charles despised war! Lelouch started WARS!

"All men ... are NOT created equal! Some are born swifter afoot, some with greater beauty, some are born into poverty and others born sick and feeble. Both in birth and upbringing, in sheer scope of ability every human is inherently different; Yes that is why people discriminate against one another, which is why there is struggle, competition and the unfaltering march of progress. Inequality is not wrong, equality is. What of the E.U. which made equality a right? Rabble politics by a popularity contest. The Chinese Federation with its equal distribution of wealth? A nation of lazy dullards. But not our beloved Britannia, we fight, we compete, evolution is continuous. Britannia alone moves forward, advancing steadily into the future. Even the death of my son, Clovis, demonstrates Britannia's unswerving commitment to progress. We will fight on, we shall struggle, compete, plunder and dominate, and in the end, the future shall be ours. ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!!!!!"
-Charles zi Britannia

Well that's all for today, I'm tired of responding to this thread. Humans are horrible beasts, I wouldn't be surprised if another dictator rose up the next day.
7 years ago
Otaku Philosopher
An anti-hero falls under the category of heroes. Although their means of helping out the world is quite different from a typical hero since they combat evil with evil, they are still saving the world (trying to make the world a better place for the living). I'm not saying that that approach is good, but it is certainly another approach to combat evil.

Sacrificing oneself doesn't necessarily mean that one must die, does it? There are worse fates than dying, plus "Dying is easy, living is hard." So even if he did not die at the end, he still might've sacrificed himself in some other way.

I haven't watched Code Geass, so I can't make much comment on it. Sorry if I offend anyone by not doing so.
Modified by CrimsonNight, 7 years ago
7 years ago
The not so vigilant Vigilante
Hero, neh? I think perhaps Yagami Light from Death Note, or someone along those lines. Though really, it's how you interpret that word. Light, Lelouch, etc. They have their own strong sense of "justice". It might not go through your head how justice is killing people "criminals" to bring peace or make the world a better place. But in my opinion, the world might be rotten -no offense meant- but it is what humanity is I suppose. Truthfully, I do admire such characters. After all, what is a story without villains?
7 years ago
Freshman
Torikago said:
Truthfully, I do admire such characters. After all, what is a story without villains?

Exactly. Even more so when it's not clear who's the villain and who's the hero. Something Death Note does quite well.
7 years ago
Freshman
I haven't watched Code Geass, and I don't want to give the generic "Goku" answer. So i'm gonna have to go with Kamina and Simon from Gurren Lagann. And I suppose I should choose only one, but I think Touma from To Aru Majutsu no Index is also a great hero.
Modified by perroman, 7 years ago
7 years ago
Freshman

Modified by rrayajde, 7 years ago
7 years ago
Freshman
still he sacrificed to create that peace
7 years ago
The Paper Kid
sorry but i'l have to go with lelouch

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.