Elfen lied

5 years ago
The Underdog
Who else watched it?
elfenlied.jpg
Modified by Genes60, 5 years ago
5 years ago
The Mad Philosopher
I did. Pretty good if you ask me, but still, not really a masterpiece.
5 years ago
The Underdog
Why not? I almost cried during half of the series. I stil think its one of the awesome animes ever made.
5 years ago
The Mad Philosopher
Well, I like action and big dreams. Elfen lied missed the big dreams part.
It had a lot of gore(which I like, not a problem) but
SPOILER (show)
the story was about this killer(Lucy)? Who lost her mind and then she's living with somebody who took her in because she was lost? Also a lot of nudity...(why? it's just there because?...)
I must say, it's not my type... The show started with killing and things but then it turned out to be a family-type show. Everybody was living happily at home.
Let me quote someone: "It transforms itself into a generic harem with its seemingly "clever" tricks to fool the audience that it's something mature, but at the end of the day, it's just another mindless harem. Also a useless incest romance subplot that goes nowhere (why is this such a big thing in japan?)". Another quote: "The plot progression in Elfen Lied can be only described as utter stupid. As mentioned before, a "TOP SECRET PROJECT" washes through the sea only to land up on some beach where there are no military personnels to take care of such an important event. Then the couple who encounter Lucy, a naked girl with random horns, takes her home, because yeah, when you meet naked a creature with horns, you take her home and give her a nickname as if it were a stray dog, instead of going to the police to report the event. "
I think those two explain very well why it's not a masterpiece. But still I won't hate it(like the quoted guy), but I'm not going to love it too much either. It's just a "good-ish" anime I had seen.

Overall it won't compare to the epicness of Code Geass, Death Note, and many other animes. But still, I did enjoy it a little.
Modified by Tigrex22, 5 years ago
5 years ago
The Underdog
I agree. Death note and Code Geass is a little better than elfen lied.
4 years ago
Evan Jelly On
Elfen Lied is awesome! Not best, but still one of most unforgetible series I've ever seen.
4 years ago
NEET Detective
Elfen Lied is the best anime in my opnion,,, my favourite one <3 love it
45055o4ujoce27q.gif
Modified by kodochi, 4 years ago
4 years ago
Freshman
kodochi said:
Elfen Lied is the best anime in my opnion,,, my favourite one <3 love it
45055o4ujoce27q.gif

Yep. Me too :)

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.