CategoriesGuidelines Users List Who is Online

Quote Submission Guidelines

5 years ago
Freshman
Quote Submission Guidelines
This document should be read by all those who submit, have submitted or are planning to submit more quotes. So if you haven't done so already... Get your glasses on. This will sting a little.

Submitting a Quote
Every submitted quote will undergo an approval process that I will try to explain here. First things first to know when you submit a quote, is that you will instantly see it appear at the quote section. But it will have a status on it "waiting for approval" right below/beside the quote image. This indicates that the quote is only visible to you until approved by a moderator.
Otherwise, it is fully functional and you are free to collect it and so forth but only yourself.

Once approved, the indication will disappear and there will be nothing on it.

But if the quote gets rejected by a mod, then you will see an indication at the same place, that will say "Approval rejected", but the quote will stay visible for you. However, this means it will never become accessible by all of Less-Real community.

The next thing to take note is that when you submit lots of quotes from the same character and only a few of them get through, it doesn't necessarily mean that they got denied. Chances are they will be approved later on. This is done to keep the quotes mixed up and not have one page full of Uzumaki's and another one full of Ichigo's.

1. The following entries are allowed to be submitted:
  1. Quotes from Anime
  2. Quotes from Manga
  3. Quotes from Video Games
  4. Quotes from Visual/Light Novel
2. The following entries will be denied:
  1. Quotes that are pretty much meaningless (ex. "Nyaaah!", "I Need power to kill! DIE" etc).
  2. Duplicates. Either completely identical to one that has been submitted or simply phrased differently. Hence, there's no reason to approve(yet).
3. Things to keep in mind:
  1. Be sure to check you are not adding a duplicate. There is a tool for that located right at the quote submission form.
  2. Make sure to add the correct Anime/Manga character and the title of the Series/Novel of the quote.
  3. Don't worry if you make grammar mistakes, that will not affect whether your quote gets through or not. As long as the meaning is preserved, we will fix them.
  4. Quotes submitted does not insta-magically gets approved. It takes fastest from within hours to months at end.

Quote Approval Process
All quote submissions will be judged based on:
  1. How much sense it makes without/or having seen the Anime/Manga it came from.
  2. How much it relates to real life rather than made up things.
Anything in between and vaguely not fitting any of those - will be Approved or Denied at the Moderators discretion.

Unindexed Tags
Ever encounted times when there were no drop-down list for you to confirm your tag? Fret not, here's the deal:
For Quotes
  1. Just type the Character's name and Anime's title, you can worry not and leave the rest up to the LR-force for approval.
We will do a proper search on them and add them to the database respectively.

Oh, still have enquiries? Feel free to ask below :)
Modified by Ishimaru, 3 years ago
4 years ago
RIP
Hello. I have posted many quotes and none of them are showing. I only came to this website because of its anime quotes submission.
4 years ago
Well.. I somehow agree with you, previously (I think without the team yet :x), my quotes went in successfully, but nowadays after the team was implemented, my quotes never made a chance to the Quotes category.. PLus, the quotes i sent hits all the criteria :x
4 years ago
The Multi-Billionaire Tycoon
Nicollynee said:
Well.. I somehow agree with you, previously (I think without the team yet :x), my quotes went in successfully, but nowadays after the team was implemented, my quotes never made a chance to the Quotes category.. PLus, the quotes i sent hits all the criteria :x

Haha xD It's not like that. A mod has to approve the quote before it appears on the website. (It's always been like that) Apart from that, it's almost always at the moderator's discretion to choose which quotes to approve, and since they number over 500, it's sometimes easy to miss them. Still, I apologize on everyone's behaf, Nicollynee and Heartnet. Sumimasen.
4 years ago
*Whoops* I'm not blaming the team or anything:x (Maybe i sounded like because i wanted to join?:x) Ahh, i see, no wonder. But it's all right.(Oh ya, right after your comment, my quotes got approved :o)
Daijobu Daijobu!
4 years ago
RIP
Yahalloooo...... Happy new year.....
4 years ago
Happy New Year Too!!
- Nico Nico Nii~
4 years ago
Moe Moe Kyun
I have a question regarding the submission of quotes. This concern is about quotes that have been submitted.

Let's say I sent a quote a week ago. And that quote, up until today, has not been shown on the list of quotes. (If it was indeed worthy.) Moving on, let's assume that I submitted another quote yesterday, and that quote got accepted today. Does that mean that the previous quote I sent was rejected, or is it still in the process of being checked?

If my explanation is in any way confusing, please do tell me. :)
4 years ago
Freshman
No, Alpha, it doesn't mean your previous quote was rejected, although that is also a possibility. I'd have to know what quote it was and I could check it out for you. Also there are like +700 quotes waiting for approval, so it tends to go kinda slow... We can't keep up with the users submitting them for some reason xD
4 years ago
Moe Moe Kyun
I greatly appreciate the reply, Ishimaru-senpai. I didn't expect that I'd have received feedback so quickly. This is just me being selfish, but I do remember sending a ton (Okay, a lot) of quotes from the manga Again!! I was quite confident that some of them would be accepted, and I sent those quotes last year (No exaggeration there xD) It's not like I'm asking you guys to rush the checking of quotes (Personally, I'd really love to help. But I suppose I can only be of use to you guys when it comes to editing or checking out quotes. And I don't want to drag you guys down :( ) I just wanted to ask because I was curious. I was wondering, "How come a quote I sent a few days ago got accepted, while a quote I sent last year didn't?" So I wanted to find out more about how the protocol goes here :D But checking out more than 700 quotes... That's indeed overwhelming :O

You have to be signed in to post on the forums.